USER:
PASS:

Forums
Call of Duty World at War Zombies :: Forums :: Zombie Discussion :: Anything Zombie Related

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Shi No Numa (Zombie Swamp) Thread ****UPDATED JUNE 18th****
Moderators: smithster, dcslim
Author Post
MrInfidel
Tue May 05 2009, 04:22AM
Registered Member #5281
UPDATE 18/6/2009 (D/M/Y format).

I've downloaded the new Map Pack 2 for my Xbox 360 and all I can say is wow. The sheer quality of the new maps, particularly the new zombie gametype map "Shi No Numa" is just breathtaking. In just a matter of weeks, Treyarch have created a masterpiece of a map. In this post I'll give information about the new map and my opinion and views towards it, plus some tips here and there.

When you first begin the game, you will be one of the four playable characters in the zombie swamp:
- Tank Dempsey (American soldier)
- Nikolai Belinski (Russian infantry)
- Takeo Masaki (Japanese commander)
- Doctor Richtofen (A german "torture expert").
Being a certain character does not affect gameplay - only your appearance and character voice overs are different from others.

During the first few rounds of the game, you'll find yourself confined to a large but cramped room. There are four or five entry points (I've yet to count precisely, it could be either) and zombies will come from the bush down below you, as you are on the second floor of a hut. The first couple of levels are relatively simple - just have teammates covering each area and window, or if you're alone just maintain a steady flow of monitoring from one area to the other.

From this room you can open two different obstacles, each costing 1000 points. The first is a door which leads into another part of the room and from there you can move onto the balcony and downstairs into a large area. The stairs lead directly down into this larger area and you have to move through said area to get onto the balcony. From here there is also a small garden, where the flogger is located.

It is important to note that this is the initial point of the random weapons chest. After getting a few weapons you may recieve the teddy bear. Go outside into the garden where the flogger is and look around at the sky. Above the location of the random weapons box should be a large ray of light. This is to notify you as to its whereabouts, and not lead you on a wild zombie chase around the map.
Also, from the big downstairs rooms, there are four corners with different exits you can unlock. They unlock a large swampy area, each with a different "hut". The huts have different names and their names are printed above these exit points so after getting to know the map you will know which door to unlock.

After about 5 rounds, but it can slightly vary, you'll experience your first wave of "flaming hell hounds". The most important thing here is to stick together - if you lose someone else you'll struggle to revive them, as you'll have to fight quick and mobile enemies through fog and mist. The typical strategy is to stay in a corner and have your teammates cover all directions. As a general rule, they will at first take about 2-3 hits to kill but they will get stronger per each wave.

The next important key feature is the randomised perk machines. In each of the four huts in seperate swampy areas mentioned above, you will find perk machines - but this time, there is a twist. Once you open a door to the hut, the perk machine is RANDOMIZED - so it could be different every time you play the game. You'll only have one of each machine though and by unlocking all the huts you will have a chance to have all of them at once, which will unlock an achievement.

Well there we have our next topic: Achievements. Or for Playstation 3 users, Trophies.
There are 10 new achievements specifically for Shi No Numa. These are:

-Hammer Time
Repair 200 window boards in a single game. (Map Pack 2 only)

-Its a Trap!
Kill at least one zombie with three different traps in a single round. (Map Pack 2 only)

-Weapon of Minor Destruction
Kill no more than one zombie with a nuke. (Map Pack 2 only)

-Perk-a-Holic
Have all four perks simultaneously active in a game of Nazi Zombies. (Map Pack 2 only)

-Fertilizer Man
Kill 200 zombies in a single game. (Map Pack 2 only)

-Deadhead
Get 150 zombie headshots in a single game. (Map Pack 2 only)

-Big Baller
Earn 75,000 points in a single Nazi Zombies game. (Map Pack 2 only)

-Big Brawler
Get 10 consecutive zombie melee kills before Insta-Kill expires. (Map Pack 2)

-Soul Survivor
Reach round 15 in Nazi Zombies without getting revived. (Map Pack 2 only)

The tenth is a "Secret" achievement. I wouldn't like to spoil it for you in this thread, so I shall make a seperate thread about it.

I think that leaves the post at an end, I don't want to give away too much about the map. There are plenty of surprises and tricks waiting for you in the zombie swamp - you should explore and find them with your teammates!

Enjoy!

[ Edited Thu Jun 18 2009, 09:40AM ]
Francescino
Tue May 05 2009, 06:12PM
Registered Member #5840
very nice wunderwaffe will be as the ray gun a wonder weapon,but from the dogs im perplessed why the dogs i hate in the multiplayer think now in the zombie mod i dont like it,i hope the map isn't fog map
deathtozombies
Wed May 06 2009, 03:16AM
Registered Member #8475
wunderwaffle, huh? Ammo must be syrup? lol
I would download this map, but xbox live is blocked outside our home. Thats why I want the pc version so I can use online way more often.
jokergh2
Fri May 08 2009, 10:46PM
Registered Member #8101
10 new achievements 4 xboxs, nice...
anybody know if the release date for the pc is same as the consoles?
MrInfidel
Sat May 09 2009, 06:47AM
Registered Member #5281
The release date for PC is likely to be at a later date than consoles, as with Map Pack 1.
MrInfidel
Wed Jun 10 2009, 04:05AM
Registered Member #5281
Ok - I need to update this post. The new map pack which includes Shi No Numa is to be released on June 11th. Here is a video of Shi No Numa: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-shi-call-of/51310?type=flv

From this I have gathered the following information:
Interestingly, the player models are from all four factions within the game - the Americans, the Russians, the Germans and the Japanese. So you have one person playing as each.

The Wunderwaffe DG-2 is shown briefly in the preview - it appears to be a powerful electricity gun, similar to the Ray Gun but is a rifle and fires beams of electricity.

It is possible that there is a day and night cycle, and the dogs will come out at night. The dogs do not appear like the other dogs modeled in the game - they appear more unnaturally grotesque, and of course are on fire which was hinted when it was announced they were "flaming hell hounds".

There is also a new defense barrier - near the end of the video you see a spinning contraption which flings zombies to their death. I imagine this would work in a similar fashion to the electricity barriers.
This contraption is called "The Flogger" - you can see this on the overhead map design released by Treyarch recently - http://www.callofduty.com/intel/222

I'm very much looking forward to the release of this map. It looks like it will exceed both the original Zombie map and Verruckt, in terms of quality and "fun".
MrInfidel
Thu Jun 11 2009, 03:41AM
Registered Member #5281
Treyarch have just released some new information about the characters you play as. Their models are similar to that of people you encounter in the campaign but their names, and their backgrounds, have undergone drastic changes.

The first character, affiliated with America, is "Tank Dempsey". He is a tough, war-hardened soldier and was selected for this mission because of his exploits on Peleliu.

The second character is Nikolai Belinski, of the Russian Army. Nikolai was a politician with a rather bloody story. Put short, he was "dumped" onto the front lines and forgotten about. He spent his years in the army wallowing in shame and Vodka.

The third character is Takeo Masaki, a Japanese soldier. He comes from an honourable Japanese bloodline of warriors dating back hundreds of years. Since his very young years he has desired to honour himself in battle.

The fourth and final character is a German doctor, Dr. Richtofen. "The Doc" as he was known in prison camps was a leading expert in torture and pain. He joined the german military to inflict slow, painful deaths on enemies.

You can check out the full character bios at http://www.callofduty.com/intel/227
Not long until this map is released - hold on, we're nearly there!

[ Edited Thu Jun 11 2009, 03:45AM ]
MrInfidel
Thu Jun 11 2009, 04:17AM
Registered Member #5281
I think it might be worth noting and listing what weapons will be available in the new map.
Along with all the previous weapons from the other zombie maps, you will have access to all of the Japanese weapons as well. The two seen in the trailer are:
Arisaka - Bolt action rifle. Unsure if it had any attachments or not, possibly available with scope and no scope.
Type 100 - Submachine gun. This will most likely not come with any attachments. It seems likely it will be purchasable from a wall but it may only be available from the random weapons box.

It is highly likely that the Type 99 Light Machine-Gun will make an appearance in Shi No Numa but it was not shown in the trailer.

Also confirmed by a moderator on the CoD:WAW official forums is that the PPSh-41 will return with a round drum.
MrInfidel
Thu Jun 11 2009, 04:23AM
Registered Member #5281
OMG - I just managed to pause the trailer for Shi No Numa at the right time to get an amazing picture of a flaming Hell Hound.
Click this picture to see a bigger version - this guy looks BAD!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF