<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Map folder and proper placement
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: smithster, dcslim
Author Post
LawL LawL
Fri Dec 26 2008, 05:51AM
Registered Member #2511
Hi, Im new to the forum, but anyways, my problem is, the download page says to put the files into C:/users/profile/appdata/ ...... but I cant actually find the AppData file. Ive tried using the search utility on the folder, but I still cant get the folder AppData, is there anyway to put the maps into the CoDWaW directory directly? If so what folder do I put it in, because last time i tried to do exactly that, I found no "Mod" folder. I need help, oh and just to point out so people dont say "look at the instructions for XP not vista" I have vista, so ummm, yeah. Help wanted, please respond.
smallcombe
Fri Dec 26 2008, 07:16AM
Registered Member #2036
yea its a hidden folder... u need to turn on "veiw hidden folders" to do this go back to where u where (or open up any folder) and click on "Tools" then "folder options" click on the "view" tab then look down (shouldn't be too far down for "show hidden files and folders" and click the circle for it. then hit apply you should see the folder aswell as other hidden folders (you will be suprise to see how much crap things stick on your computer when u can see all files and folders) hope that helps.
LawL LawL
Fri Dec 26 2008, 09:21PM
Registered Member #2511
Wait, so hidden folders in CoDWaW directory or in my Profile DIrectory?
LawL LawL
Fri Dec 26 2008, 09:25PM
Registered Member #2511
Ok thanks for the, help, now i can access the C:users/profile/appdata/activision/CoDWaW, but it stops there, i cant see the mod folder. Oh wait never mind its in my profile, isnt that what im supposed to do?

C:users/profile/appdata/activision/CoDWaWprofiles/my profile
is that where the files should go?
LawL LawL
Sat Dec 27 2008, 03:46AM
Registered Member #2511
Oh ummm i tried putting everything into their respective files, and then those files into the Mod directory, but they dont appear in the mods list when attempting to run them in game.
smallcombe
Sat Dec 27 2008, 06:34AM
Registered Member #2036
um i'm not on my pc right now so i'm gunna try and do it by memory C:users/profile/appdata/activision/CoDWaW/ then just make a folder called "mods" dont think the "m" is a capital then just copy the level into the mod folder.. (the file that you extract when u download a map) then open the game and go to mods menu u should see the map... it should say all this in the "readme" file that comes with the map... hope that helps ya some more (if that doesn't work try renaming the mod folder too mods mod Mods but i'm pretty sure its just "mods"
LawL LawL
Sat Dec 27 2008, 06:45PM
Registered Member #2511
ok, ummm i didnt actually make a mods folder, it was already there, so regardless of that, do I put all the files extracted into the nazi_zombie_(insert map name) and then that folder into the mods folder? because Im doing atht, and their not showing up in the mod list in game.
smallcombe
Sun Dec 28 2008, 04:57AM
Registered Member #2036
lol um C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\mods then extract the new zombie map into that and THATS it. open the game find the map in the menu and open it up. then u should be able to see it in the map list when ya hosting LAN or ONLINE (depends on the map or u gotta type in a cide to the console to play singleplayer
LawL LawL
Mon Dec 29 2008, 12:57AM
Registered Member #2511
The zombie map is what file? So im going to use woods as an example. In there I see a "mod.arena" , "mod.ff" , "nazi_zombie_wh.f" , "nazi_zombie_wh.iwd" and those are the only files I see besides a READFIRST file which im guessing is little more than a readme. So im guessing its the .iwd , but please correct me if im wrong, and also, where do the other files go, as I see in the download decriptions that there are map discription files, map movie intors, ect. So I think im asking for a step by step instruction rather than the instructions i saw on the download page which turned out to be totally misleading, as on the download page it says put everything into mods folder. Oh and by the way, thanks for your help, I hope your next reply is the last so I dont use any more of your time.
smallcombe
Mon Dec 29 2008, 02:42AM
Registered Member #2036
lol no probs... Its really simple but. ok I will do it step by step for ya. I don’t have the woods level zip file on my pc anymore but I do have the new (very good) river map which you can download <<<<<< in the download section... ok once u got that open the zip file then you should see a folder called "nazi_zombie_the_river" in that folder has all the level files don’t worry about them, extract the folder "nazi_zombie_the_river" to C:users/profile/appdata/activision/CoDWaW/mods that’s it. open the game you should see it in the mod menu open it then let the game re-open then press ' ~ ' button on key bored (above the tab key) and cope and paste this.. /map nazi_zombie_the_river the level should open no probs. u might have to go to options game play and select console active to use it. You can’t play custom levels using a crack so you need the CD to play them. ^^^^ that’s how u install all maps just extract the FOLDER (not the files) and copy it under mods. Hope that all you need lol
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF